Jerk-style prawn rice bowl
King Prawns, Raw
360 g, you'll need 32, peeled and deveined
White basmati rice, dry
200 g, rinsed under cold running water
Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Canned
Kidney Beans, cooked
1 can(s), large, drained
80 g, you'll need 80g, diced
10 individual, quartered
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, finely diced
½ small, finely diced
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
Lime Juice, Fresh
- Put the prawns in a shallow bowl, pour over the marinade and stir to combine. Set aside while you prepare the rice.
- Combine the rice and coconut milk in a medium pan and bring to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the kidney beans, then cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to steam for 10 minutes, or until there’s no liquid left.
- While the rice is cooking, make a salsa by combining the avocado, cherry tomatoes, chilli, onion and lime juice in a small bowl, then season and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Thread the prawns onto the skewers and griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Divide the rice and beans between bowls, scatter over the salsa and top with the prawn skewers. Serve with the lime wedges on the side.