Italian pepper & egg breakfast wrap
Crispy on the outside and melty on the inside, this handheld breakfast is easy to take with you on the go thanks to a genius folding method that keeps all the fillings neatly tucked inside. Get creative with the filling combinations. This version combines mild peppers, tomato, and cheese with scrambled eggs for a satisfying way to start your day.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Peppers, all types
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 small, 3 slices
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw
30 g, grated
1 teaspoon(s), grated
- Place the wrap on a cutting board and make a cut from centre to the bottom.
- Coat a small nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium heat. Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender. Place peppers on the top left quarter of the wrap.
- In the same frying pan, add the egg and scramble for 30 seconds until set. Place the egg on the bottom right quarter of wrap.
- Place the tomato on top right quarter. Combine the mozzarella and Parmesan and place on bottom left quarter. Sprinkle black pepper evenly over the fillings.
- To form a triangle, starting at the bottom right quarter, fold the eggs and tortilla over onto the tomatoes in the top right quarter. Then fold over onto the top left quarter, and finally fold onto bottom left quarter.
- Wipe the frying pan if needed, then coat with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the wrap and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden. Flip and cook until bottom is golden and cheese melts.