SmartPoints® value per serving
Simply delicious, this sorbet is pretty to look at and wonderfully refreshing. And the best part is that you don't need an ice cream machine to make it.
30 leaf/leaves, large, washed, dried and finely minced
400 g, well-ripened
Lime Juice, Fresh
15 ml, (1 tbsp)
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar and basil; bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes more; remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cut melon into slices; remove seeds and rind. Cube melon flesh; place in a food processor and chop melon into a pulp.
- Combine cooled basil syrup, melon pulp and lime juice in a medium bowl. Freeze using one of these methods:
- Machine method—Run mixture through an ice cream maker as per manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately or put in freezer for future use. If frozen, soften in refrigerator for about 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Freezer tray method—Pour mixture into a shallow metal pan and freeze halfway through, about 20-30 minutes. Rake a fork or spoon through partially frozen mixture so it does not freeze into a solid block; return pan to freezer and let freeze. Before serving, run sorbet through a food processor or blender to obtain desired texture.