Herbed ricotta & bacon frittata
SmartPoints® value per serving
We like basil and parsley in this easy frittata, but you could use other herb combos, such as chives and dill or mint and coriander – whatever you fancy!
Bacon medallions, raw
Egg, whole, raw
5 large, raw
Semi Skimmed Milk
2 sprig(s), fresh
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Heat half the oil in a 22cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the bacon for 2 minutes, until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk until combined. Season well, then stir in the bacon, basil and parsley.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan then pour in the egg mixture. Dot the ricotta evenly over the top and scatter over the Parmesan. Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat until the eggs are starting to set at the edges.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the frittata is set in the centre and the top is browned in places. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then season, scatter over the extra basil and cut into quarters to serve.
Serve with half a 70g wholemeal English muffin per serving. The recipe will no longer be gluten free.