Herb-roasted chicken with herbed rice salad
2½ clove(s), 2 halved, ½ crushed
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 teaspoons, level
Dried Mixed Herbs
Vinegar, All Types
5 teaspoons, cider vinegar
½ teaspoons, level, English
Peas, frozen, boiled
Brown rice, boiled
1 portion(s), medium, trimmed and diced
1 medium, deseeded and diced
4 medium, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put 1 tbsp oil in a pan with 2 of the garlic cloves and warm over a medium heat for 2 minutes to infuse. Increase the heat to high, remove the garlic and reserve.
- Season the chicken fillets, then add to the pan. Cook for 1 minute on each side, then transfer to a baking dish. Remove the pan from the heat and add 2 tbsp water. Swirl to combine with the chicken juices, then pour over the chicken. Squeeze over the lemon juice, then scatter over the dried sage, chopped parsley and thyme sprigs. Add the reserved garlic, then roast for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the peas and cook for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, cucumber, green pepper, spring onions and the peas.
- To make a dressing, put the cider vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, English mustard powder, crushed garlic, mint sauce and dried mixed herbs in a clean jar, along with 1 tbsp water. Season well, then screw on the lid and shake vigorously until combined. Drizzle the dressing over the rice mixture. Toss to combine, then mix in mint leaves and coriander.
- Serve the chicken with the rice salad on the side.