Hazelnut & raspberry meringue roulade
Egg white(s), raw
½ teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
40 g, toasted, chopped
Co-op Raspberry Coulis
Quark, fat free, plain
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
220 g, plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC, fan 130ºC, gas mark 2. Line a medium Swiss roll tin with baking parchment
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until stiff. Gradually add the sugar, whisking between each addition, until stiff and glossy. Whisk in the vanilla extract and sifted cornflour, then fold in the hazelnuts, keeping 1 tbsp back for later.
- Scrape the meringue mixture into the prepared tin using a spatula and level out. Place in the oven for between 50 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown and crisp on the outside. Remove and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, beat the icing sugar into the quark, then stir through the crème fraîche. Cover and chill until needed.
- When the meringue is cool, scatter ½ tsp icing sugar over your worktop and turn it out. Carefully peel away the paper, then spread the filling all over the surface of the meringue, right to the edges, leaving around 4cm at one end. Scatter the raspberries over the filling, then carefully roll up towards the uncovered end. Place on a platter seam-side down. To serve, drizzle the coulis over the roulade and scatter with the extra hazelnuts. Serve with the remaining raspberries.