Harissa chicken chickpea casserole
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken Thigh, Skinless, Boneless, raw
8 individual, medium, 90g each
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
1 can(s), large, drained, drained and rinsed
1 can(s), large
Chicken stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), to make 150ml
1 zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a flameproof casserole with cooking spray and put over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, until turning golden. Remove from the casserole and set aside.
- Add the onion to the casserole, and cook over a low heat for 5-6 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, stock, harissa, and lemon zest and juice. Return the chicken thighs to the casserole, making sure they’re nestled under the sauce. Season, then cover and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven. If the sauce is too thin for your liking, spoon a little of the liquid into a small bowl and mix with the cornflour to create a paste. Stir the mixture back into the juices in the casserole, then bubble this on the hob for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Divide between bowls and serve seasoned to taste and garnished with the parsley.