Chicken with spring veg & yogurt
Fresh veg becomes the star of the show when you griddle it – the slight char will highlight its natural flavour.
New potatoes, raw
500 g, Jersey Royal
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
4 medium, 150g each
250 g, trimmed
250 g, on the vine
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 tablespoon(s), finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes, covered, for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick griddle pan over a high heat. Rub half the oil over the chicken and season well. Griddle for 10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove and set aside to rest.
- While the chicken is resting, toss the asparagus and cherry tomatoes with the remaining oil and season well. Griddle in 2 batches, for 3-4 minutes per batch, until tender.
- To make the dressing, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Serve the chicken and veg with the yogurt dressing on the side.
You could also griddle broccoli, or serve with steamed spinach