Griddled chicken with Mediterranean orzo salad
Merchant Gourmet Orzo (Rice-shaped Pasta)
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
75 g, 75g tomatoes, 1 1/2 tbsp reserved oil
1 medium, zest and juice, plus wedges to serve
½ extra large
Olives, in Brine
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the orzo for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken between 2 pieces of clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin to flatten to a thickness of 1cm. Season and put into a plastic food bag, then add 1 tbsp of sundried tomato oil and the lemon zest. Massage into the chicken, then seal and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle pan over a high heat until hot. Griddle the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, cover with kitchen foil and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick slices.
- In a bowl, combine the orzo, cucumber, olives, spring onions and watercress. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ tbsp of sun-dried tomato oil and the lemon juice, then season to taste and toss with the salad.
- Serve the salad and chicken with the lemon wedges on the side.