Greek-style lemon & chicken soup
Looking for a warm-weather soup that’s hearty yet fresh? Our take on a classic lemon-infused Greek dish ticks all the boxes.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 small, finely diced
Chicken stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), to make 1 litre
Merchant Gourmet Orzo (Rice-shaped Pasta)
Chicken breast, skinless, grilled
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
2 zest(s) of 1, zest, grated
Lemon Juice, Fresh
20 g, fronds, picked
- Mist a large pan with cooking spray and fry the onion over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Reserve 200ml of the stock, then add the remainder to the pan and bring to the boil. Add the orzo, then reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes until al dente. Stir in the chicken and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes until frothy. Slowly pour in the lemon juice while whisking, then very gradually add the reserved stock, whisking constantly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the soup and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat until the soup is thickened. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute until wilted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, season to taste then serve garnished with the dill and lemon zest.
You could serve this with a 60g wholemeal pitta bread per person,