Goan chicken & lentil curry - spice pots
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 large, finely chopped
5 clove(s), crushed
1 tablespoon(s), grated
Spice Pots Goan Blend
5 teaspoon(s), level
1 can(s), large
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
700 g, chopped into large chunks
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 300ml
Split Red Lentils, dry
1 tablespoon(s), heaped
1 tablespoon(s), chopped
- Mist a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat and fry the onions for 10 minutes, or until soft and browning.
- Add the garlic, ginger and the Goan spices and cook for a couple of minutes. Add a splash of water if the mix is looking too dry. Add the tomatoes and cook down until dark and thick.
- Add in the chicken and some salt and cook on a high heat for a couple of minutes. Add 300ml chicken stock and lentils.
- Bubble away gently for about 15 minutes until the lentils are just tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the mango chutney and stir through. Serve garnished with the chopped coriander.