Frittata to go
White pasta, dry
100 g, small shapes
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
6 medium, raw
Dried Mixed Herbs
Roasted red peppers in brine, drained
80 g, drained weight
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
50 g, grated
- Put the pasta shapes into the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from the kettle. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, grate the courgette and spring onions in the food processor. Heat the non-stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the courgette and spring onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain the pasta, rinse it with cold water to cool quickly and drain it again thoroughly. Add the pasta to the frying pan.
- Preheat the grill. Beat the eggs and milk together with the dried herbs and season. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, without stirring, to set the base. Tear up the pepper and arrange the pieces over the surface of the omelette; then sprinkle it with the grated cheese.
- Put the frying pan under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until the surface has set and is golden brown. Serve at once or, for a packed lunch, cool the omelette completely before cutting it into wedges and wrapping them in cling film or greaseproof paper. Chill until needed.