Filo chicken sausage rolls
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 medium, finely chopped
HECK Smoky Paprika Chicken Sausages
10 sausage(s), grilled
1 tablespoons, melted
3 sheet(s), large
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
½ teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a frying pan with the cooking spray and cook the shallots for 3-4 minutes until golden and softened.
- Remove the sausage meat from their skin, and mix with the cooked shallots in a bowl.
- Lay 1 sheet of pastry out, and dot all over with the butter. Repeat with the second sheet, before laying the final layer on top.
- Trim down to make a square, then cut lengthways to give two rectangular strips. Divide the sausage mixture into two and lay the meat down the middle of each pastry strip, before brushing the long edges with the remaining butter.
- Roll the pastry up to enclose the sausage meat, and then slice into 4cm sausage rolls. Lay on a lined baking tray, join side down, then brush all over with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the fennel seeds all over, and then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.