Filo plum tarts
Calorie controlled cooking spray
270 g, 6 x 45g sheets filo pastry, thawed if frozen
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
4 small, halved, stones removed and thinly sliced
1 teaspoons, heaped, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Mist 2 baking sheets with the cooking spray.
- Cut each filo sheet into 8 equal squares. Layer the squares on the prepared baking sheets in 8 piles, misting each layer of pastry with a little cooking spray, and offsetting the squares as you go, to make a rough circle.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of the beaten egg, then mix the rest with the ground almonds and sugar to make a paste. Divide this mixture between the pastry circles, spreading it in the middle to leave a border around the edge. Top the almond mixture with the sliced plums. Brush the pastry borders with the reserved egg and scrunch up the pastry a little around the filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve the tarts warm, dusted with a little of the icing sugar.
- Top tip: Keep filo pastry covered with a damp cloth until you need it, to prevent it from drying out.