Empanadas with salsa dip
Sainsbury's Light Soft Cheese with Black Pepper
125 g, as purchased
Half Fat Cheddar Cheese
25 g, grated
2 medium, finely chopped
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
⅛ teaspoons, level, (1 pinch)
Plain White Flour
1 tablespoons, level, level, for dusting
108 g, 6 x 18g sheets
3 medium, deseeded and finely chopped
1 medium, deseeded and finely chopped
White Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6 . Put the soft cheese, cheddar, spring onion, egg, breadcrumbs and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and arrange a filo sheet on top. Cut the sheet into quarters and put 2 quarters on top of each other to make 2 stacks. Put a spoonful of the cheese filling into the middle of each. Brush the edges with a little cold water then fold a corner diagonally over the filling. Press the edges together to seal and make a triangle-shaped parcel. Use a little more water to seal if necessary.
- Put the 2 parcels on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining filo sheets and cheese filling until you have 12 parcels. You will probably need to spread them out over 2 baking sheets.
- Brush the top of the parcels with the oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Put the tomatoes, green pepper and vinegar in a food processor and pulse to form a rough paste. Transfer to a bowl and serve with the hot empanadas.