Easy chicken & mushroom pie
Low Fat Spread
2 medium, trimmed and thickly sliced
250 g, chestnut, thickly sliced
Plain White Flour
3 tablespoons, level
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), to make 300ml stock
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
1 tablespoons, level
Chicken breast, skinless, grilled
300 g, shredded
15 g, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Jus-Rol Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry Sheet
225 g, uncooked, (what is used from a 320g pack)
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, lightly beaten
New potatoes, raw
300 g, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7.
- Melt the spread in a pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Season to taste, then stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually add the stock, followed by the crème fraîche. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened, then stir in the wholegrain mustard.
- Stir the chicken and tarragon into the sauce, then spoon the mixture into a 23cm round pie dish. Top with the pastry, pressing it along the edge of the dish to seal and trimming off and discarding any excess. Cut a small cross in the centre of the pastry, then brush all over with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain the vegetables and serve with the pie.