Decorated Easter egg
Create your own chocolate egg for a personalised treat you just can’t buy on the high street. The whole egg is 79 PersonalPoints, so break it into 12 separate portions and dip into them as a tracked treat.
150 g, good quality, broken up
75 g, good quality, broken up
- Put the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until smooth, about 5 minutes, then leave until cool but still runny.
- Spoon 20g of melted chocolate into one of the egg moulds and spread evenly over the inside with the pastry brush. Be sure to cover the sides thickly – this will make it easier to join the edges. Repeat with the other mould. Leave in a cool place to set, then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate and repeat, adding a second layer to each mould. Leave in a cool place to set, then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes. Repeat for a third time, but this time, chill in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and use a knife to scrape off any excess around the rim to give a clean edge. Turn out onto greaseproof paper, carefully pulling away the moulds.
- Place a large frying pan over a low heat. Holding one egg shell in each hand, put the edges down onto the pan for 1-2 seconds to melt slightly; immediately press them together to seal the egg. Leave in a cool place to set.
- Melt the white chocolate and transfer to a piping bag. Pipe designs on the egg, pressing on any decorations. Leave to completely set.
You will also need a 16cm chocolate egg mould and a clean pastry brush