Creamy red chicken curry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
400 g, thinly sliced
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded, finely chopped
1½ teaspoons, (red)
150 g, cherry, halved
200 g, fresh, lightly steamed
150 g, sliced
3 tablespoons, level
Vegetable stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), dissolved in 125ml hot water
Lime Juice, Fresh
Thai Fish Sauce
Light Brown Sugar
Easy cook white rice, boiled
- Preheat a large non-stick wok or frying pan over high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken in 3 separate batches, stir frying quickly until golden brown on the outside, but not cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Cook the remaining chicken in the same way.
- Meanwhile place the beans in a bowl and pour over some boiling water to cover. Set aside for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Re-spray the wok with cooking spray and add the chilli and curry paste. Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the tomatoes, beans, mushrooms and chicken and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, stock, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Cook for a further minute then toss through the basil leaves, just before serving. Serve with the cooked rice.