Creamy pumpkin soup with a chorizo crumb
Low Fat Spread
1 large, roughly chopped
1 stick(s), roughly chopped
1 medium, peeled & diced
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, roughly chopped & deseeded
650 g, peeled, deseeded & cut into 2cm chunks
Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), 800ml stock
Calorie controlled cooking spray
60 g, finely chopped
Reduced Fat Soured Cream
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and add the spread. Once melted, add the onion, celery, carrot and chilli and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the pumpkin chunks and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, mist a small frying pan with cooking spray and fry the chorizo over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, until crisp. Remove the soup from the heat and blend, using a stick blender, until smooth.
- Stir in 20ml of the soured cream. Season to taste.
- Divide the soup between 4 warmed bowls. Thin the remaining cream with a splash of water – about 2 tsp – and swirl through the soup.
- Sprinkle each bowl with some of the chorizo crumb and garnish with a few coriander leaves before serving.