Coconut-chocolate ice-cream bonbons
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Toasted coconut brings a whole new flavour dimension to ice cream – these mini scoops are just the right size for an after-dinner treat.
Low Fat Ice Cream
- Line a small baking sheet with baking paper and put in the freezer 1 hour before making the bonbons.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas mark 3. Put the coconut on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 4-6 minutes or until golden, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Make the bonbons one at a time. Using a mini ice-cream scoop, melon baller or tablespoon, scoop the ice cream into small balls (each weighing 20g), then quickly roll in the coconut. Transfer to the baking sheet in the freezer and repeat until you have 24 bonbons. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight (if freezing overnight, cover the bonbons with kitchen foil).
- Up to four hours before serving, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Let cool slightly
- Remove the bonbons from the freezer, drizzle over the melted chocolate, then return to the freezer to set. Arrange on a platter to serve.