Clementine & prosecco trifle
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons, level
3 medium, peeled and cut into 1cm slices, plus the zest of 1 clementine
Low Fat Custard Ready to Serve
20 g, shelled and chopped
- Layer 9 sponge fingers in an 18cm trifle dish or bowl so that they fit snugly (you’ll need to break some up a little to fit). Spoon over 2 tbsp Prosecco. Put the crème fraîche and yogurt into a mixing bowl and whisk with the honey and most of the clementine zest.
- Line the inside of the bowl with five or six clementine slices and dollop in a third of the custard followed by a third of the crème fraîche mixture. Repeat this layering process twice more, until all the sponge fingers, Prosecco, custard and crème fraîche mixture have been used up, finishing with a swirl of crème fraîche on top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour, or until needed. Meanwhile, to make the praline, line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the sugar in a small saucepan with ½ tbsp cold water over a low-to-medium heat. As it dissolves, turn the heat up to high and simmer until the caramel turns a light amber colour.
- Stir in the pistachios, then pour the praline onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside. When it’s completely cool and hard, roughly chop it into pieces.
- Top the trifle with the remaining clementine slices and zest, plus the chopped praline, to serve.