Clementine & prosecco trifle
A light and tangy dessert that’s quick to whip up. It’s topped with a crunchy caramel pistachio praline
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
3 tablespoon(s), level
3 medium, peeled and cut into 1cm slices, plus the zest of 1 clementine
Low Fat Custard Ready to Serve
20 g, shelled and chopped
- Layer 9 sponge fingers in an 18cm trifle dish or bowl so that they fit snugly (you’ll need to break some up a little to fit). Spoon over 2 tbsp Prosecco. Put the crème fraîche and yogurt into a mixing bowl and whisk with the honey and most of the clementine zest.
- Line the inside of the bowl with five or six clementine slices and dollop in a third of the custard followed by a third of the crème fraîche mixture. Repeat this layering process twice more, until all the sponge fingers, Prosecco, custard and crème fraîche mixture have been used up, finishing with a swirl of crème fraîche on top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour, or until needed. Meanwhile, to make the praline, line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the sugar in a small saucepan with ½ tbsp cold water over a low-to-medium heat. As it dissolves, turn the heat up to high and simmer until the caramel turns a light amber colour.
- Stir in the pistachios, then pour the praline onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside. When it’s completely cool and hard, roughly chop it into pieces.
- Top the trifle with the remaining clementine slices and zest, plus the chopped praline, to serve.
Make the trifle up to 24 hours in advance and keep it in the fridge until needed