Chocolate mousse with raspberry chia & biscotti
Layers of light and creamy chocolate mousse and tangy raspberry coulis makes a tasty show stopping dessert to impress all your guests. Topped with crisp almond biscotti and dark chocolate shards.
1 sachet(s), standard
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
Egg white(s), raw
2 tablespoon(s), level
300 g, frozen
Chia Seeds, dry
60 g, broken up
75 g, fresh
10 g, shaved
- Combine the milk and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, until just simmering. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Whisk until all the gelatine has dissolved. Add the gelatine to the milk mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the yogurt.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg white in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1½ tablespoons honey until well combined. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Cover the mousse with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, place the frozen raspberries and remaining honey in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, crushing the raspberries with a fork, then simmer for 2 minutes. Stir through chia seeds and set aside to cool. Cover and place in fridge until chilled.
- Layer half each of the raspberry chia, chocolate mousse and biscotti into six 160ml capacity glasses. Repeat layers with remaining raspberry chia, mousse and biscotti. Cover and place in fridge until required. Serve topped with almond bread, fresh raspberries and chocolate.