Chocolate baked eggs
SmartPoints® value per serving
Imagine the joy of cracking an egg to find a little pillow of chocolate cake inside! These cute eggs are a great project for the family – and they’re low in SmartPoints per egg. Bonus!
Egg, whole, raw
6 medium, raw
Low Fat Spread
Groovy Food Co. Agave Nectar Light Amber & Mild
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
1 teaspoons, level
- Prepare the eggshells. Carefully poke a pea-size hole in the bottom of each egg, using a drawing pin. Empty 1 egg into a bowl for the cake and the rest into a sealable container to keep for breakfasts.
- Rinse the shells carefully under the tap, then soak them in salt water for about 15 minutes; this will help prevent them cracking in the oven.
- Using kitchen foil, make little beds for the shells to sit on inside a muffin tin. Place the eggs on the foil beds.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Beat the spread with the agave nectar until fluffy. Beat in the reserved egg, then carefully fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold in the milk until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag and carefully pipe into the egg shells. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool, then scrape away any cake that has leaked from the shells.
- Serve in an egg cup or egg box as a gift.
Making these bite-size treats is the perfect way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon with the kids. They’re so much fun – and they’re far easier than they look, too!