Brown basmati rice, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
400 g, chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
250 g, halved
8 medium, sliced into 2.5cm lengths
Chicken stock cube(s)
½ cube(s), dissolved in 250ml hot water
2 teaspoons, use dark
- Add the rice to a pan of boiling water. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender but still with some bite.
- Mist a wok or large, deep frying pan with cooking spray and add the chicken. Stir fry over a high heat for 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mist the wok or frying pan again. Add the chilli and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the asparagus, baby sweetcorn, broccoli and spring onions. Stir fry for 2–3 minutes or until just starting top brown.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the chicken stock and soy sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 5–8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Drain the rice and divide between 4 warm serving plates. Divide the stir fry between the plates and serve immediately