Chicken noodle soup
A classic soup gets an Asian twist, with the addition of star anise, ginger, soy, chilli and soba noodles.
2 medium, trimmed and cut into 7cm lengths
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
100% Buckwheat Soba Noodles, Dry
100 g, oyster, thinly sliced
200 g, halved diagonally
Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
Chilli, green or red
1 individual, deseeded and finely sliced
1 portion(s), young leaf
1 teaspoon(s), grated
- Put the spring onions, chicken, star anise and ginger in a large pan with 2 litres of water. Put over a medium-high heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Remove the chicken from the broth, shred and set aside.
- In a separate pan, prepare the noodles to pack instructions or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, line a fine sieve with a double layer of kitchen towel and put over a medium pan. Strain the broth into the pan, discarding any solids, and bring to the boil.
- Add the mushrooms, mange tout and shredded chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender and the chicken is heated through. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Divide the spinach and noodles between serving bowls. Ladle over the hot soup and top with the coriander and chilli.