White Long Grain Rice, dry
3 sprig(s), plus extra to garnish
1 medium, or red
2 tablespoons, level, or Cajun seasoning
½ teaspoons, level
Chicken breast, skinless, grilled
- Put the rice into the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from the kettle. Add the sprigs of thyme; then cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, use the food processor to slice the onion, celery, red pepper and mushrooms. Heat the oil in the frying pan or wok and tip in the vegetables from the food processor. Stir-fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the rice in the colander; then add it to the frying pan and add the Cajun seasoning or paprika and chili powder.
- Chop the chicken and tomatoes and add them to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until heated through. Check the seasoning, adding some pepper and an extra pinch of Cajun seasoning or chilli powder, if needed.
- Spoon on to 4 warmed plates and serve at once, garnished with a few thyme sprigs.