Chicken breast, skinless, raw
300 g, finely sliced
Lemon Juice, Fresh
½ zest(s) of 1
1 clove(s), crushed
25 g, shredded
Wholewheat Pasta, dry
Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 clove(s), chopped
250 g, chopped
1 teaspoons, level
- Combine the chicken, lemon zest and juice, crushed garlic and half of the basil in a small bowl. Season well and set to one side to marinate.
- Cook the pasta to pack instructions until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To make the sauce, mist the pan with a little more cooking spray, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, adding water to prevent it burning if necessary. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, the tomato purée and 150ml water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and pasta to the sauce, season to taste and leave to heat through for 2–3 minutes. Scatter over the remaining basil to serve.