Chicken & vegetable traybake
500 g, halved or quartered
2 small, eat cut into 8 wedges
2 medium, cut into 2cm rounds
Chicken Thigh, Skinless, Boneless, raw
8 individual, medium
1 medium, peeled, cored and diced
Light Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Toss the vegetables together in a large roasting tin with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Season and scatter over the herbs. Rub the rest of the oil into the chicken thighs and season. Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the veg and herbs, then cover loosely with foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast for a further 40 minutes until the chicken is golden. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover with foil and leave to rest. Check the vegetables – if they’re still firm, cook for another 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the fruit in a small pan and add the vinegar, sugar and cinnamon. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the apples are tender and the berries are just beginning to release juice. Discard the cinnamon and mash the fruit to a chunky sauce. Set aside and keep warm.
- Make the gravy. Strain the juices from the roasting tin into a medium pan. Discard the herbs and arrange the vegetables around the chicken on the platter. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add 250ml of water to the pan of juices and bring to the boil. Bubble for 5 minutes until reduced by half. Mix the cornflour with 250ml water until smooth and then gradually add to the pan, whisking continuously. Cook for 5-6 minutes then season.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with the sauce and gravy.