Chicken filo pie
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), made with 400ml hot water
Mixed Dried Mushrooms
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
500 g, cut into large chunks
250 g, thickly sliced
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Creme Fraiche
3 sheet(s), large
4 portion(s), medium
- Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl and pour over the stock. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan and sauté the chestnut mushrooms for 5-10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, until golden on all sides.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add the wild mushrooms and stock. Stir continuously to prevent lumps; leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and the cooked chestnut mushrooms. Transfer the mixture to a 1.5-litre pie dish and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Brush the sheets of pastry with the butter. Scrunch each sheet and lay it on top of the pie filling. Bake for 20 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve with the steamed kale.