- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 inch slice(s) Root Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, use red, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons, level Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoons, level Fennel Seeds
- 2 teaspoons, level Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoons Turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoons Paprika, smoked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 250 g Mushrooms, chestnut, cleaned and sliced
- 1 can(s), large, drained Chick Peas, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 2 can(s), large Tinned Tomatoes
- 260 g Spinach, baby leaf
- 2 sprig(s) Coriander, fresh, to serve
Mist a large pan with cooking spray. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for another minute, add the spices and tomato purée, then cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they begin to colour. Stir in the chickpeas and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir through the spinach to wilt.
Serve the curry with the naan breads, and garnished with a few sprigs of coriander.