Try this light and creamy indulgent dessert.
- 225 g Cherries, fresh, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoons, level Cornflour, blended with 1 tbsp cold water
- 100 g Quark, or low fat soft cheese
- 2 tablespoons Skimmed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Vanilla Extract, For the chocolate sauce:
- 25 g Dark Chocolate, dark, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoons, heaped Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Cornflour, blended with 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tablespoons, level Golden Syrup, Golden Syrup
Reserve 4 cherries for decoration, then halve and pit the rest. Put them into a small saucepan with 50ml water and 1 tbsp sweetener. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Stir in the blended cornflour and cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Stir occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.
Meanwhile, beat the Quark or low fat soft cheese, milk, vanilla extract and remaining sweetener together until smooth.
Make the chocolate sauce by putting the chocolate, cocoa powder, blended cornflour and syrup into a small saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly until smooth and blended. Allow to cool for a few minutes, stirring to prevent a skin from forming.
Spoon the cherries, chocolate sauce and Quark mixture into small serving glasses. Finish off each one with a cherry, then chill until ready to serve.
- Use a dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids for the best flavour.