Enjoy this family friendly pasta dish for a simple supper.
- 200 g Wholewheat Pasta, dry
- 200 g Broccoli, raw, chopped
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Onion(s), red, finely sliced
- 4 rasher(s), cooked Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed Unsmoked Back Bacon, chopped
- 25 g Low Fat Spread
- 25 g Plain White Flour
- 300 ml Skimmed Milk
- 100 g Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Grated Cheese Mature
- 15 g Parmesan Cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/fan 160°C. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 5 mins. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 mins. Drain and set aside.
Mist a pan with cooking spray and fry the onion for 5 mins. Add the Weight Watchers bacon, fry for a further 5 mins, then add to the pasta.
Wipe the pan clean, then add the low fat spread. Heat to melt, then stir in the plain flour and cook for 2 mins. Whisk in the milk to combine, then simmer, whisking all the time, until it begins to thicken. Stir in the Weight Watchers grated mature cheese, season well with salt and pepper, then stir into the pasta.
Spoon the pasta into 4 x 300ml ovenproof dishes and sprinkle over the Parmesan. Bake in the oven for 20 mins and serve.