Cauliflower soup with scallops & pancetta
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
1000 g, chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 1 Litre
Semi Skimmed Milk
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
4 sprig(s), fresh
- Mist a large saucepan lightly with the cooking spray. Cook the onion with seasoning for 4-5 minutes until, then add the cauliflower. Turn the heat up slightly and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the milk then simmer for 12-14 minutes until the cauliflower has softened. Whizz with a hand blender to desired consistency. Stir in the crème fraiche.
- When ready to serve, reheat the soup slowly. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Place the pancetta slices on a baking tray and bake in the oven until crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray, and heat over a medium high heat. Sear the scallops for about 2 minutes, or until cooked through, turning halfway.
- Pour the soup into shallow soup bowls. Add the scallop in the middle and top with a crispy slice of pancetta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.