- 1 large Onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 stick(s) Celery, Raw, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons, level Ground Ginger
- 600 g Carrots, raw, 450g peeled and sliced, the rest coarsely grated
- 1 can(s), large, drained Butter Beans, cooked, and rinsed
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), to make 800ml stock
- 28 g Coriander, fresh, pack of, chopped
Put the onion, celery and coriander seeds in a large pan or stockpot with 250ml water, set over a high heat. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Stir in the spices and cook, uncovered, until the spices are fragrant and the water has evaporated.
Stir in the sliced carrots with one-third of the beans and the stock. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 15 minutes until the carrots are tender. Stir in most of the fresh coriander and use a stick blender or purée the mixture to a smooth soup.
Stir in the grated carrot with the remaining beans and season to taste. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until the grated carrot and beans are tender.
Serve garnished with the remaining coriander.