Carrot cake ice lollies
SmartPoints® value per serving
4 hr 25 min
Everything you love about a classic carrot cake packed into individual icy treats.
400 g, prepared weight
600 g, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons, level
Medium fat soft cheese
Freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoons, level
½ teaspoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Put the pecans on a small baking tray and toast for 8-10 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool, then chop.
- Put the carrot in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave on High for 3 minutes to soften. Let cool.
- In a food processor, blitz the cooled carrot with the pineapple, agave syrup, soft cheese, orange juice and spices until smooth.
- Divide the toasted pecans between 12 x 100ml ice-lolly moulds. Pour the carrot mixture into the moulds and insert ice-lolly sticks. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- To easily unmould the ice lollies, fill a jug with warm water and briefly dip the moulds in to loosen – about 20-30 seconds.