Caribbean-style salmon bowl
4 fillet(s), medium
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 spray(s), olive oil version
Corn on the cob, raw
150 g, quartered
4 medium, finely chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, red, deseeded and finely chopped
Lime Juice, Fresh
Brown Rice, dry
2 tablespoons, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Put the salmon in a shallow dish and add the jerk marinade, turning the salmon to coat, then cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a nonstick griddle pan over a medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add the corn cobs and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred all over. Set aside to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels from the cobs. Transfer to a small bowl with the tomatoes, spring onions and chilli, then add half of the lime juice, season to taste and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium and line a grill pan with kitchen foil. Grill the salmon, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes, or until the fillets are just cooked through. Break the salmon into large chunks with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions. Toss the chopped coriander and remaining lime juice through the rice and divide between 4 bowls. Top with the salmon, corn salad, lime wedges and coriander leaves to serve. 4