Candied citrus cheesecake
Medium fat soft cheese
½ zest(s) of 1
1 sachet(s), standard
Lemon Juice, Fresh
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
½ medium, thinly sliced
- Line a 22cm round springform cake tin with baking paper. Arrange the sponge fingers over the base of the tin, trimming to fit. Discard any trimmings.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soft cheese, ricotta, yogurt, lemon zest and half the sugar using a hand-held electric whisk until smooth.
- Put 2 tbsp boiling water in a small heatproof jug, sprinkle over the gelatine and stir with a fork until the gelatine has dissolved. Whisk the gelatine and 2 tbsp of the lemon juice into the cheese mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the sponge fingers and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set. Meanwhile, put the remaining sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan with 125ml water and set over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the citrus slices and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the syrup thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin, discarding the baking paper. Arrange the candied slices on top and drizzle over the syrup before serving.