- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 large Onion(s), chopped
- 1 whole, medium Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium Red pepper(s), deseeded and chopped
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), dissolved in 1.2 litres (2 pints) hot water
- 100 g Low Fat Soft Cheese
- 150 ml Skimmed Milk, (1/4 pint)
- 1 tablespoons Chives, Fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 60 g Fat Free Natural Yogurt, (4 tablespoons)
- 10 g Chives, Fresh, to garnish
Spray a large saucepan with calorie controlled cooking spray. Add the onion and cook gently for about 3 minutes, until softened, but not browned.
Add the butternut squash, red pepper and vegetable stock. Heat until simmering, then cook gently for about 25 minutes, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender.
Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and add the soft cheese. Blend for about 15 - 20 seconds, until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Add the milk and chopped chives. Reheat and season to taste.
Ladle into warmed bowls. Serve each portion with 1 tbsp yogurt, a few fresh chives and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook's tip: Cool, cover and refrigerate any soup that you don’t use, and eat within three days, or freeze the soup to use another time.