Breakfast hash with poached eggs
- Total Time
New potatoes, bacon and veg, topped with a perfectly poached egg – this tasty dish from the Healthy You cookbook makes a great family weekend breakfast
New potatoes, raw250 g, halved
Calorie controlled cooking spray4 spray(s)
Bacon medallions, raw150 g, trimmed of all fat and roughly chopped
Red onion(s)1 small, sliced
Mushrooms200 g, sliced
Cherry Tomatoes200 g, larger ones halved
Wholegrain Mustard2 teaspoons, level
Parsley, fresh1 teaspoons, chopped
Egg, whole, raw4 medium, raw
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Mist the pan again, add the onion and potatoes, then cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes, and cook for another 5 minutes. Season and stir in the mustard, half the parsley and the cooked bacon.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a pan of simmering water and poach for about 3 minutes until the whites are just set and the yolks are still soft.
- Divide the hash between 4 plates and top with a poached egg, then season to taste and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.