Breakfast hash with poached egg
New potatoes, raw
250 g, halved
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Bacon medallions, raw
150 g, trimmed of all fat and roughly chopped
1 small, sliced
200 g, sliced
200 g, larger ones halved
2 teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, chopped
Egg, whole, raw
4 medium, raw
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Mist the pan again, add the onion and potatoes, then cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes, and cook for another 5 minutes. Season and stir in the mustard, half the parsley and the cooked bacon.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a pan of simmering water and poach for about 3 minutes until the whites are just set and the yolks are still soft.
- Divide the hash between 4 plates and top with a poached egg, then season to taste and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.