New potatoes, bacon and veg, topped with a perfectly poached egg – this tasty dish from the Healthy You cookbook makes a great family weekend breakfast
- 250 g New potatoes, raw, halved
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 150 g Bacon medallions, raw, trimmed of all fat and roughly chopped
- 1 small Red onion(s), sliced
- 200 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g Cherry Tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 2 teaspoons, level Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 teaspoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then drain well and set aside.
Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Mist the pan again, add the onion and potatoes, then cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes, and cook for another 5 minutes. Season and stir in the mustard, half the parsley and the cooked bacon.
Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a pan of simmering water and poach for about 3 minutes until the whites are just set and the yolks are still soft.
Divide the hash between 4 plates and top with a poached egg, then season to taste and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.