Braised cod with tomatoes, capers & olives
8 fillet(s), medium
2 zest(s) of 1, Grated zest of 2 lemons, plus wedges to serve
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 large, finely chopped
3 stick(s), finely chopped
3 clove(s), crushed
1½ tablespoons, level
Merchant Gourmet Orzo (Rice-shaped Pasta)
2 can(s), large
Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), 900ml stock
Capers, in Brine
Olives, in Brine
70 g, halved
- Season the fish, then scatter over the lemon zest and set aside.
- Mist a large deep, nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the onions and celery over a mediumhigh heat for 6-8 minutes, covered, until softened. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and orzo and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the capers and olives, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer half the orzo mixture to a second frying pan set over a low heat. Add 4 cod fillets to each pan, spooning over some of the tomato mixture. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes until the fish is just opaque in the centre and the orzo is tender.
- To serve Divide one pan of orzo and cod between 4 bowls and serve with lemon wedges on the side.