Braised chicken with garden veggies & mint
Chicken breast, skinless, raw
1 large, finely chopped
Bacon medallions, raw
2 rasher(s), sliced
2 clove(s), thinly sliced
9 medium, baby, peeled with tops kept intact
Dry white wine
1 glass(es), small
Chicken stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), 185ml chicken stock
100 g, trimmed
Petits Pois, boiled
Calorie controlled cooking spray
White French Stick
4 inch slice(s)
10 sprig(s), to serve
- Heat half the oil in a deep nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until brown. Put on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and bacon, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened and the bacon is crisp. Add the garlic and carrots and cook, tossing occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until the carrots are golden.
- Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add the stock and thyme, and bring to the boil. Put the chicken in the pan, then simmer for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and peas and simmer for another 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, the veg is tender and the sauce reduced.
- Meanwhile, place a griddle pan over a medium heat. Mist the bread with cooking spray and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle the mint over the chicken and serve with the bread.