Blueberry yogurt cake
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
3 medium, raw
Low Fat Natural Yogurt
1 zest(s) of 1
1 teaspoons, level
White Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoons, level, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Line a 900g loaf tin with a paper loaf tin liner or baking paper.
- Put the low-fat spread, caster sugar, eggs, yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla extract in a bowl, and whisk until combined. Gently fold in the flour until you have a smooth batter, then add half the blueberries and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining blueberries in a pan and cover with a lid. Cook over a low heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until they are soft and have started to release their juice. Set aside to cool.
- When the cake is completely cool, remove the paper liner and spoon the blueberry compote over the top. Dust with the icing sugar and cut into slices to serve.