BLT & egg breakfast salad
Rye Bread (German Style)
2 slice(s), small, Torn into bite size pieces
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Streaky Bacon, raw
4 rasher(s), medium, Unsmoked, fat trimmed, chopped
150 g, halved
Vinegar, All Types
2 tablespoons, Apple cider
Egg, whole, raw
4 large, raw
400 g, baby
- Heat the grill to high. Arrange the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Toss to coat and mist again. Grill for 2 minutes, stirring halfway, until crisp.
- Set a large nonstick pan over a medium heat and cook the bacon, stirring, for 8 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon, reserving any drippings in the pan.
- Return the pan to a medium heat, then cook the tomatoes for 3 minutes, stirring, until just softened. Stir in the vinegar, 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp of the oil and cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and fry the eggs in the remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the kale and tomatoes, then divide between plates. Top with the eggs, croutons and bacon. Season to taste, then serve.