Banana, courgette & crème fraîche bread
Calorie controlled cooking spray
White Self Raising Flour
Bicarbonate of Soda
½ teaspoons, level
¼ teaspoons, level
Light Brown Sugar
220 g, 120g coarsely grated, keep 1 whole
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
0% Fat Crème Fraîche
2 tablespoons, level
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. Lightly mist a 900g loaf tin with cooking spray. Line the base and sides of the tin with baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and nutmeg into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar to combine.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated courgette then, in a medium bowl, combine it with the banana, egg, crème fraîche and half the honey. Stir into the dry ingredients, then spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the small courgette into thin ribbons, then twist them attractively and arrange on top of the loaf. Scatter over the pine nuts and bake for 50 minutes. Cover the top loosely with foil, then bake for a further 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then lift out onto a cooling rack. Warm the remaining honey and drizzle over the top of the loaf. Let cool completely before cutting into slices to serve.