Banana & walnut loaf
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 teaspoons, level
20 g, chopped
Egg, whole, raw
2 medium, raw
3 medium, overripe, mashed, plus 1 sliced lengthways, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Mist a 450g loaf tin with cooking spray and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl and stir in the walnuts.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug. Add the maple syrup and mashed bananas and whisk again to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and gently fold together, taking care not to overwork it.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Arrange the sliced banana, cut-side up, on top and bake for 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.