Baby cos, goat's cheese & bacon salad
1 small, thinly sliced
1 serving(s), 1 slice, crust removed, cut into 1cm cubes
Bacon medallions, raw
4 portion(s), baby cos lettuces, halved lengthways
160 g, with rind
1 tablespoons, extra virgin
12 medium, half cut into matchsticks and half thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Put the onion in a roasting tin, drizzle with ½ tbsp of the balsamic vinegar, mist with cooking spray and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Put the sourdough cubes in a separate roasting tin. Mist with cooking spray, season and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Fry the bacon in a large frying pan over a high heat for 3 minutes on each side, until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and cut into 1cm pieces.
- Set a griddle pan over a high heat and mist well with cooking spray. Halve the lettuces lengthways and griddle for 1 minute on each side until griddle marks appear. You may need to do this in batches.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Quarter the goats’ cheese, put onto a small baking tray and grill for 3 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbling slightly.
- Combine the olive oil and remaining vinegar, and season.
- Divide the lettuce, rocket, radishes, onion, croutons and bacon between plates. Drizzle over the balsamic dressing, season well and serve topped with the goats’ cheese.