Aubergine roll ups
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 can(s), large, tinned cherry tomatoes
Dried Mixed Herbs
½ teaspoons, level
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
10 g, small handful, torn
Vegetarian Parmesan Style Hard Cheese
1 tablespoons, grated
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas mark 7. Slice the aubergine, lengthways, into 1cm-thick strips. Mist a large baking tray with cooking spray, arrange the aubergine slices on the tray, in a single layer, and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until softened, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach and a splash of water in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with clingfilm. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until just wilted. Squeeze out the excess water, then chop finely and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mist a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the garlic over a medium heat for 1 minute until softened. Transfer half the crushed garlic to the bowl with the spinach. Add the tomatoes and dried herbs to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, once the spinach is cool, stir in the nutmeg, ricotta and egg and season well. Lay an aubergine slice on a chopping board, place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture at one end then roll up firmly. Continue with the remaining aubergine slices and ricotta filling.
- Spoon a little of the sauce over the base of a 20cm square ovenproof baking dish. Arrange the aubergine rolls in the dish, join-side down, then spoon over the remaining sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Scatter over the basil and grated cheese before serving.