Apple & ginger mini pies
Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Crystallised Stem Ginger
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Light Brown Sugar
Plain White Flour
2 tablespoons, level
Tesco Ready Rolled Light Shortcrust Pastry
Egg white(s), raw
3 teaspoons, heaped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5.
- In a bowl, combine the apples, ginger, lemon juice, brown sugar, and 1 tbsp flour. Divide the mixture between 8 ramekins.
- Lightly dust a rolling pin and work surface with the remaining fl our. Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a one pound coin. Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into wide strips (0.5cm thick), then cut these into 10cm lengths. You will need 8 strips per pie.
- On each pie, make a crisscross pattern across the tops of the ramekins with the pastry strips. Gently press the ends of the pastry onto the rims of the ramekins to seal.
- Brush the pastry with the egg whites and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the fruit is bubbling. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.