Apple & cinnamon pancakes
Lemon Juice, Fresh
1 medium, half diced and half cut into thin wedges
1 pinch, plus extra for dusting
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw, beaten
Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Golden Caster Sugar
Plain White Flour
½ teaspoons, level
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 teaspoons, or golden syrup
- Place the apple wedges into a small bowl and add 1 tsp of the lemon juice to stop them from browning.
- In a small saucepan, heat the diced apple over a low heat with 1 tbsp water and the cinnamon.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt, sugar and the remaining lemon juice. Then add the flour and baking powder and fold in to make a smooth batter.
- Mist a pan with cooking spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add 4 separate ladlefuls of batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the underside of the pancakes are firm and golden. Add the apple wedges to the pancakes before flipping. Flip the pancakes and cook for a further 2 minutes until they’re cooked through.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the diced apple and maple syrup.